Gold balloon to remember a loved one,white to celebrate being a survivor of blood cancer and blue to give hope and show your support.

A daddy came to the balloon tent with his little son.
"What colour would you like?"a volunteer asked.
The father looked at the board and said "Hmm..please give us the white one."
"The white balloons are for celebrating being a survivor,right?"he then asked.
"Oh yeah,it is,"the volunteer answered.
Yet,the volunteer startled when the son said "But daddy,I am not a survivor yet".
It is pretty confronting to hear this kind of conversation.Being so straightforward and honest,how many of us could actually do this?Volunteer in this sort of events always inspire me in some ways.Of course,it makes me realise how blissful I am,no matter it's in terms of health,family,wealth etc.Yet,it is the spirit they have shown that truly impress me.They are "special",yet,they lead "normal" life like us.Perhaps different from others that they suffer from illness and frequently visit to the hospital but look,how they tackle the obstacles in life!I go into the Royal Children's Hospital every week and I have to admit that I am not really good in dealing with the emotions that arise after each visit.I am not sure whether I should treat them as sicked kids or just take them as the "normal" children.I mean it is definitely not a good idea to look at them with sympathy but it is really hard for me not to treat them slightly different from other children.Some can even tell me about their frequent visits to the hospital as if it is just a normal routine in their life.The way they move around with the machines,the smile on their faces just because of a minor incident,the expressions when they are in pain;let's be honest,it is impossible for me to forget about all these on the next day.Perhaps I am a bit more sentimental over this?I don't know.But yeah,it is something that makes me wonder-how could they be so strong to accept the fact,to endure the pain when they are just KIDS?They do not avoid the fact that they are the unlucky ones,they accept it and they take it in a very direct way.I wish I had the courage to be like them.
Gosh Yan Jun you just made me cry!! :(
ReplyDeleteGod bless the little kids who deserve a healthy life and a happy childhood please.