Friday, November 4, 2011

Adorable

I had a very happy Thursday,lots of incidents that put a smile on my face. Imagine a girl giggling while studying in the library or walking on the street? Okay, I know I looked like an idiot but it is good to be happy,no?

I collected the marking sheet for my project presentation today. I was the presenter of my group so the responsibility of getting a good mark fell on my shoulder. The comment from the lecturer on the presentation skills was perfect-Well presented,nice presentation skills,well prepared,good pace and clear explanation BUT half mark was deducted because of a small mistake made in the very last slide. I was quite disappointed to lose the half mark,felt that I have let my group down. However, this email written by one of my teammates from my project group totally made my day:

Don't worry about it. I think 4.5 is an outstanding mark. I think
Shane was a bit dodgy when he said it was all about presentation
and not the content. Clearly your presentation was flawless,
and you were able to sell you ideas, which is what is important.
He was clearly going back on his words when he marked it.
People make mistakes all the time when speaking in front
of a live audience... like that American Top Model
host who announced the wrong winner.

I feel it is probably time for me to make my sorry speech,
if this is how tight he marks. Anyway, great work.
I certainly value all the hardwork and effort you put in
into delivering that presentation. It is not something I
take for granted or something that I assume just happens.
It has to be prepared, rehearsed and presented. Well done!

All the best for next year and for the future.

You might find it nothing special but it means a lot to me,especially when it was written by this guy, who is very smart but studious, focuses on studies all the time, doesn't have a mobile phone, never hang out with friends, portrayed by others as a typical nerd. I was so surprised to read such a sweet and encouraging email from him.

It does not necessarily need to be perfect. It is the process you have been through, the support and encouragement you have received, the lessons you have learned, the people you have met, the experience you have gained, that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment