Friday, November 29, 2013

Gain and loss

It has been a while since I updated my blog! Well, as you can probably tell from my previous posts, something unpleasant happened in my family but let's put it behind and move forward, hoping that things will only get better from here. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just came back from a family trip yesterday. Spent 8 days in Shanghai/Hangzhou/Wuxi/Suzhou and it was absolutely awesome to spend some quality time with grandma, uncles, aunties, cousins and of course, daddy, mummy and sisters. I can't remember when was the last time I went on a vacation with such a big group of family members(there were 22 of us!) but I really cherish every moments spent with them, especially when I am living abroad. Many secondary school friends graduated this year and went back to Malaysia for good. I have to admit that seeing the photos on Facebook and listening to the stories about their reunions with friends did make me thinking.. maybe it is time to head back home? There is no perfect plans and the same for my plan of staying overseas in short term . The trade off of not being able to spend more time with family, especially the elderly at home, and friends is one that I am always aware of but it hits me harder this year and I ponder to what extend or how long I am willing to sacrifice it for. I read an article today and it writes 'the reason we move to new countries is because we are either running from or running to something'. I do agree with the author and the question is - Is the something that I am running to worth more than what I am missing out on?

1 comment:

  1. There are pros and cons for being overseas and away from family, for this, only you can decide if the pros really worth your sacrifices.

    Anyhow, Malaysia and we will always welcome you home :)

    ReplyDelete