Friday, January 11, 2013

B.e.c.a.u.s.e

How to put this in words? What you told me is definitely not entirely wrong but to my surprise, someone whom I thought know me very well doesn't seem to be so. There are many things that I tend not to "announce" immediately not because I think you don't understand it, but simply because I know there is a chance of you misinterpret it and end up misunderstanding the situation. Correct me if I am wrong but there is a difference between not understanding and misunderstanding. Which is worse? For me, it is the latter. If you are skeptical about something BEFORE I can prove the real meaning to you, is there a possibility of you admitting you are wrong in assuming something which isn't true (especially when you are stubborn)? Everyone is different. You and me prioritize different things in life. As you said, it is MY life, it is MY future. You told me 2 paths that I could end up going but hey, you have forgotten about a crucial point. There is actually (and definitely) more than 2 choices. Why are you limiting me (and maybe yourself) in just either black or white, win or lose, A or B, 1 or 2? Everyone pursues different achievements and everyone is different. Different opinions, different priorities, different needs, different dreams, different preference. There is no always a clear cut on what the SHOULD or SHOULD NOT is (I am talking about the personal individual beliefs which can not be judged based on moral ground). Yes, I agree with your point. Yes, I understand where you come from. Yes, I understand your concern. Yes, I understand your intention completely. BUT can you please try to see things from my perspective? 

Of course, there is no doubt that what you say is correct and I do understand the situation. Yet, I wonder you see the whole clear picture before setting that particular mode in your mind.

Thank you for your honesty. Thank you for your advice. No matter it perfectly fits into my situation or not, I do learn something out of it. And don't worry, I do absorb and digest what you say. It is important to be humble and accept constructive criticism all the time. No matter who gives the advice and comments, it is not the rank, the experience, the people that matter. It is what that has been told that matters. Apply if it is correct and vice versa. And yes, that is the principle that I believe and uphold in life.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your points :) well said!
    even though I don't know the story behind the blog post, but still, this is a good read!

    Hope you are doing well in Aussie ^^

    ReplyDelete