Monday, June 10, 2013

Distance

So I have moved to Brisbane for more than 2 months. Everything is going pretty well and I am very happy with my life so far. Some said that "You are finally an adult, to live by yourself, away from family, be independent and take care of yourself" when they first knew that I moved interstate. Well, I am not sure how true that statement is. Or should I say, how true is the opinion of having my sisters to be with me in Melbourne = sisters take care of everything, I am not (really) a grown-up and do not understand the feeling of staying away from home? I guess being able to take care of my daily life, knowing how to enjoy the "me time", and adapting quite well at this place so far indicate that the 5 years in Melbourne with my sisters did teach me how to be independent and look after myself.

Loneliness is a feeling that we can't control but it is our choice on how we want to spend the lonely time. You can spend hours crying and dwell on it. Or take a walk in the city, explore a suburb, reading, talking with friends, go out to meet new people. Often, being alone could be the most enjoyable time as you get to do what you have always wanted to do, or simply being random and do something that you have never thought of doing.

The truth might not be what you see.
What you don't see doesn't mean they do not exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment